Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stumble here, Stumble There

"I'm a big believer in random capitalization. The rules of capitalization are so unfair to words in the middle." (Margo Roth Spiegelman, Paper Towns)

If only everyone viewed life like Margo Roth Spiegelman, the "manic pixie dream girl" of John Green's latest book Paper Towns, we wouldn't have two highlights of our lives: When we are born, and when we die.
Occasionally, of course there are those capital I's for "when I got married, when I broke my arm, when I had sex for the first time in the backseat of a Chevy, and etc... If only we could fine moments like buying your favorite book as significant parts of the story of you and how your sentence ends.

Maybe then, when people do a biography of you, it won't start with "KARMA POLICE WAS BORN ON_____ AND DIED ON_____ BECAUSE SHE O.D'd ON METH STICKERS", and instead start with "KARMA POLICE'S FAVORITE AUTHOR WAS JOHN GREEN BECAUSE HE ENCOURAGED HER TO BE WHO SHE IS TODAY AND MADE HER WISH SHE HAD GREEN EYES LIKE ALASKA YOUNG, WHO IS ONE OF HER FAVORITE CHARACTERS FROM HER FAVORITE BOOK LOOKING FOR ALASKA."

Maybe.

In life everyone's always searching for that "BIG CRAZY AWESOME THING" that can change who they are and change the course of their everyday life. Of course this can be in the form of "marriage, love, getting into Harvard", but why can't it be in the form of "That time I got Hit On by the Main Singer of The Maine"?

Now that'd be a story to tell.

Perhaps what Margo Roth Spiegelman is trying to say in that little ditty of hers is that she is a firm believer of spontaneity. Perhaps she believes random behavior that can entertain and spice up a sentence so that not only the first word seems important. That's what I believe she's thinking (Or, if you want to think literally, what John Green is thinking).

On another note I've fallen in love with Stumbling. No link there, because I want you kids to discover what it is by yourselves! oh The Drama! Just go on Google and type in 'STUMBLE' and click the first link and be happy for hours of just click click click here and there. :)

Just be warned that it's highly addictive and makes me stay on the computer for more hours than is healthy for a gal like myself.

over And our to You kids,
karma Police



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: