Friday, February 29, 2008

Greed and Need (AKA Money)

As sad as it sounds, people's lives revolve around money.

There's always too little- not enough. Always- and that's what really gets to you.

There's this song I love, and it has this one quote;
"When I fall asleep I dream of happiness, in numbers and dollar signs."
When I heard that, the only thing I could really think of was parents.

They're always telling you, "marry a rich man so he can take care of you", "Get a job with good pay", "Study more so you can make lots of money." Money is all they really want you to have. Money brings happiness, no? It does, indeed indeed. Money will take away all your problems.

It's sad how that happens, and in my opinion money is the greatest evil of all. It causes people to rob, it causes people to be greedy, it causes people to do drastic things- but without it, how do we survive?

How would people feed their families? How would they stay sheltered? How would they do anything?

How about all those incredibly rich people? Are they happy? Are they really? Or are they just unsatisfied because they regret not becoming a writer instead of an accountant?

Sometimes, I wonder about my future and what I want to do. Honestly, I have no idea what I want, and it scares me. Once again money comes into play, and get this I get worried. What if I can't get a job and can't move out? What if I can't... blah blah blah.

I've come to the conclusion, that in the end I just want to be happy- get by with what I have.
But will I be happy just getting by?

There's a second "movement" to that song, and here's a line from that;
" I know the secret to your happiness. Take a deep breath, there's only one way; Give all you have away."

Gambling; one of the core reasons why money is evil. The temptation to give in to that huge voice screaming "throw it all in, take the chance of a lifetime". I think that it ruins so many lives. When you think of gambling what do you think? Vegas, cards, and money.

That's what it's all about, and sometimes I wonder if it's really that fun.

Is the chance of losing everything that much of a risk you'd like to take?


anyways, I'm honestly sorry about the incredible seriousnessosity I have on this post;;
karma police (what goes around, comes around)

p.s. for the songs they are this and this; they're live, since I couldn't find the recordings.
The Pursuit of Happiness (1st and 2nd movement) by This Providence

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: